This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for openssl fixes the following issues contained in the
OpenSSL Security Advisory [26 Jan 2017] (bsc#1021641) Security issues
- CVE-2016-7056: A local ECSDA P-256 timing attack that
might have allowed key recovery was fixed (bsc#1019334)
- CVE-2016-8610: A remote denial of service in SSL alert
handling was fixed (bsc#1005878)
- CVE-2016-2108: Added a missing commit for CVE-2016-2108,
fixing the negative zero handling in the ASN.1 decoder
- CVE-2017-3731: Truncated packet could crash via OOB read
- Degrade the 3DES cipher to MEDIUM in SSLv2 (bsc#1001912)
Bugs fixed :
- fix crash in openssl speed (bsc#1000677)
- fix ca-bundle path (bsc#1022271)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.4
Public Exploit Available : false