This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for systemd fixes the following security issue :
- CVE-2016-7796: A zero-length message received over
systemd's notification socket could make
manager_dispatch_notify_fd() return an error and, as a
side effect, disable the notification handler
completely. As the notification socket is
world-writable, this could have allowed a local user to
perform a denial-of-service attack against systemd.
(bsc#1001765) Additionally, the following non-security
fixes are included :
- Fix HMAC calculation when appending a data object to
- Never accept file descriptors from file systems with
mandatory locking enabled. (bsc#954374)
- Do not warn about missing install info with 'preset'.
- Save /run/systemd/users/UID before starting
[email protected] (bsc#996269)
- Make sure that /var/lib/systemd/sysv-convert/database is
always initialized. (bsc#982211)
- Remove daylight saving time handling and tzfile parser.
- Make sure directory watch is started before cryptsetup.
- Introduce sd_pid_notify() and sd_pid_notifyf() APIs.
- Set KillMode=mixed for our daemons that fork worker
- Add nosuid and nodev options to tmp.mount.
- Don't start console-getty.service when /dev/console is
- Correct segmentation fault in udev/path_id due to
missing NULL check. (bsc#982210)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.9
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.0
Public Exploit Available : true