This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for SystemD provides fixes and enhancements.
The following security issue has been fixed :
- Don't allow read access to journal files to users.
(bsc#972612, CVE-2014-9770, CVE-2015-8842)
The following non-security issues have been fixed :
- Restore initrd-udevadm-cleanup-db.service. (bsc#978275,
- Incorrect permissions set after boot on journal files.
- Exclude device-mapper from block device ownership event
- Explicitly set mode for /run/log.
- Don't apply sgid and executable bit to journal files,
only the directories they are contained in.
- Add ability to mask access mode by pre-existing access
mode on files/directories.
- No need to pass --all if inactive is explicitly
requested in list-units. (bsc#967122)
- Fix automount option and don't start associated mount
unit at boot. (bsc#970423)
- Support more than just power-gpio-key. (fate#318444,
- Add standard gpio power button support. (fate#318444,
- Downgrade warnings about wanted unit which are not
- Shorten hostname before checking for trailing dot.
- Remove WorkingDirectory parameter from emergency, rescue
and console-shell.service. (bsc#959886)
- Don't ship boot.udev and systemd-journald.init anymore.
- Revert 'log: honour the kernel's quiet cmdline
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2016-791=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2016-791=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2016-791=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Low / CVSS Base Score : 2.1
CVSS Temporal Score : 1.7
Public Exploit Available : true