This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
From Red Hat Security Advisory 2015:1458 :
Updated libreoffice packages that fix one security issue, several
bugs, and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having Moderate
security impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base
score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the
CVE link in the References section.
LibreOffice is an open source, community-developed office productivity
suite. It includes key desktop applications, such as a word processor,
a spreadsheet, a presentation manager, a formula editor, and a drawing
program. LibreOffice replaces OpenOffice and provides a similar but
enhanced and extended office suite.
A flaw was found in the way the LibreOffice HWP (Hangul Word
Processor) file filter processed certain HWP documents. An attacker
able to trick a user into opening a specially crafted HWP document
could possibly use this flaw to execute arbitrary code with the
privileges of the user opening that document. (CVE-2015-1774)
The libreoffice packages have been upgraded to upstream version
126.96.36.199, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over
the previous version, including :
* OpenXML interoperability has been improved.
* This update adds additional statistics functions to the Calc
application, thus improving interoperability with Microsoft Excel and
its 'Analysis ToolPak' add-in.
* Various performance improvements have been implemented in Calc.
* This update adds new import filters for importing files from the
Appple Keynote and Abiword applications.
* The export filter for the MathML markup language has been improved.
* This update adds a new start screen that includes thumbnails of
recently opened documents.
* A visual clue is now displayed in the Slide Sorter window for slides
with transitions or animations.
* This update improves trend lines in charts.
* LibreOffice now supports BCP 47 language tags.
For a complete list of bug fixes and enhancements provided by this
rebase, see the libreoffice change log linked from the References
Users of libreoffice are advised to upgrade to these updated packages,
which correct these issues and add these enhancements.
See also :
Update the affected libreoffice packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.9
Public Exploit Available : false