This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
The Linux container runtime environment Docker was updated to version
1.6.2 to fix several security and non-security issues.
- Security :
- Fix read/write /proc paths. (CVE-2015-3630)
- Prohibit VOLUME /proc and VOLUME /. (CVE-2015-3631)
- Fix opening of file-descriptor 1. (CVE-2015-3627)
- Fix symlink traversal on container respawn allowing
local privilege escalation. (CVE-2015-3629)
- Runtime :
- Update Apparmor policy to not allow mounts.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-230=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.0
Public Exploit Available : true