This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
glibc has been updated to fix four security issues :
- CVE-2014-0475: Directory traversal in locale environment
- CVE-2014-7817: wordexp failed to honour WRDE_NOCMD
- CVE-2014-9402: Avoid infinite loop in nss_dns
- CVE-2015-1472: Fixed buffer overflow in wscanf
- CVE-2013-7423: getaddrinfo() wrote DNS queries to random
file descriptors under high load. (bnc#915526)
This non-security issue was fixed :
- Fix missing zero termination (bnc#918233)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 LTSS :
zypper in -t patch slessp2-glibc=10401
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 LTSS :
zypper in -t patch slessp1-glibc=10382
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.1
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 83705 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now