This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla NSS update fixes several security and
Mozilla Firefox has been updated to 24.5.0esr which fixes the
following issues :
- MFSA 2014-34/CVE-2014-1518 Miscellaneous memory safety
- MFSA 2014-37/CVE-2014-1523 Out of bounds read while
decoding JPG images
- MFSA 2014-38/CVE-2014-1524 Buffer overflow when using
non-XBL object as XBL
- MFSA 2014-42/CVE-2014-1529 Privilege escalation through
Web Notification API
- MFSA 2014-43/CVE-2014-1530 Cross-site scripting (XSS)
using history navigations
- MFSA 2014-44/CVE-2014-1531 Use-after-free in imgLoader
while resizing images
- MFSA 2014-46/CVE-2014-1532 Use-after-free in
Mozilla NSS has been updated to 3.16
- required for Firefox 29
- CVE-2014-1492_ In a wildcard certificate, the wildcard
character should not be embedded within the U-label of
an internationalized domain name. See the last bullet
point in RFC 6125, Section 7.2.
- Update of root certificates.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 LTSS :
zypper in -t patch slessp1-MozillaFirefox-201404-9187
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.7
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 83621 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now