This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
nfs-utils receives hereby a LTSS roll-up security and bugfix update.
- CVE-2013-1923: Allow DNS lookups to be avoided when
determining kerberos identity of server. The
NFS_GSSD_AVOID_DNS sysconfig variable must to be set for
this to take full effect as some installations could be
negatively affected by this change
More bugs have been fixed :
- Fixed bugs with the info provided by 'showmount -e' not
being updated correctly. (bnc#661493)
- nfsserver.init: Fix initialization of /var/lib/nfs/state
and run sm-notify at start up time when necessary
- Increase number of supported krb5 mounts from 32 to 256.
- Avoid crash if krb5_init_context fails (bnc#806840)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected nfs-utils package.
Risk factor :
Low / CVSS Base Score : 3.2
CVSS Temporal Score : 2.8
Public Exploit Available : true