This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by
The version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Mac OS X host is
a version prior to 39.0.2171.99. It is, therefore, affected by the
following vulnerabilities :
- An unspecified improper file validation issue.
- An unspecified information disclosure vulnerability,
which can be exploited to capture keystrokes.
- Multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities allow an
attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-0303,
- Multiple heap-based buffer overflow vulnerabilities
that can be exploited to execute arbitrary code.
- An unspecified type confusion vulnerability that can
lead to code execution. (CVE-2015-0305)
- An out-of-bounds read vulnerability that can be
exploited to leak memory addresses. (CVE-2015-0307)
- A use-after-free vulnerability that results in arbitrary
code execution. (CVE-2015-0308)
See also :
Upgrade to Google Chrome 39.0.2171.99 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 80488 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now