This script is Copyright (C) 2014-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host has a browser plugin that is affected by
According to its version, the installation of Adobe Flash Player
installed on the remote Mac OS X host is equal or prior to 18.104.22.168.
It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities allow an
attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-0576,
CVE-2014-0581, CVE-2014-8440, CVE-2014-8441)
- Multiple use-after-free vulnerabilities could result in
arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-0573, CVE-2014-0588,
- Multiple type confusion vulnerabilities could result in
arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-0577, CVE-2014-0584,
CVE-2014-0585, CVE-2014-0586, CVE-2014-0590)
- Multiple heap-based buffer overflow vulnerabilities can
be exploited to execute arbitrary code or elevate
privileges. (CVE-2014-0583, CVE-2014-0582,
- A permission issue that allows a remote attacker to gain
elevated privileges. (CVE-2014-8442)
- An information disclosure vulnerability can be exploited
to disclose secret session tokens. (CVE-2014-8437)
See also :
Upgrade to Adobe Flash Player version 22.214.171.124 or later.
Alternatively, Adobe has made version 126.96.36.199 available for those
installations that cannot be upgraded to 15.x.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 79143 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2014-0573
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now