This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox 10.0.x is potentially affected by the
following security issues :
- Unspecified memory safety issues exist. (CVE-2012-1970)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist. (CVE-2012-1972,
CVE-2012-1973, CVE-2012-1974, CVE-2012-1975,
CVE-2012-1976, CVE-2012-3956, CVE-2012-3957,
CVE-2012-3958, CVE-2012-3959, CVE-2012-3960,
CVE-2012-3961, CVE-2012-3962, CVE-2012-3963,
- An error exists related to bitmap (BMP) and icon (ICO)
file decoding that can lead to memory corruption,
causing application crashes and potentially arbitrary
code execution. (CVE-2012-3966)
- A use-after-free error exists related to WebGL shaders.
- A buffer overflow exists related to SVG filters.
- A use-after-free error exists related to elements
having 'requiredFeatures' attributes. (CVE-2012-3970)
- An XSLT out-of-bounds read error exists related to
- The installer can be tricked into running unauthorized
- Incorrect SSL certificate information can be displayed
in the address bar when two 'onLocationChange' events
fire out of order. (CVE-2012-3976)
- Security checks related to location objects can be
bypassed if crafted calls are made to the browser
chrome code. (CVE-2012-3978)
- Calling 'eval' in the web console can allow injected
code to be executed with browser chrome privileges.
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 10.0.7 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 61714 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2012-1970
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now