This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox 3.6 is earlier than 3.6.20. As
such, it is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- A dangling pointer vulnerability exists in an SVG text
manipulation routine. (CVE-2011-0084)
- A DOM accounting error exists in the 'appendChild'
to be dereferenced. (CVE-2011-2378)
- An error exists in 'ThinkPadSensor::Startup' that can
allow malicious DLLs to be loaded. (CVE-2011-2980)
- An error exists in the event management code that can
different website and possibly in the
chrome-privileged context. (CVE-2011-2981)
- Various unspecified memory safety issues exist.
- A cross-domain information disclosure vulnerability
exists if the configuration option 'RegExp.input' is
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists if web
content is registered to handle 'drop' events and a
browser tab is dropped in that element's area. This
can allow the web content to execute with browser
chrome privileges. (CVE-2011-2984)
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 3.6.20 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 55901 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now