This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related
A Bugzilla Security Advisory reports :
The following security issues have been discovered in Bugzilla :
- Internet Explorer 8 and older, and Safari before 5.0.6 do content
sniffing when viewing a patch in 'Raw Unified' mode, which could
trigger a cross-site scripting attack due to the execution of
malicious code in the attachment.
- It is possible to determine whether or not certain group names exist
while creating or updating bugs.
- Attachment descriptions with a newline in them could lead to the
injection of crafted headers in email notifications sent to the
requestee or the requester when editing an attachment flag.
- If an attacker has access to a user's session, he can modify that
user's email address without that user being notified of the change.
- Temporary files for uploaded attachments are not deleted on Windows,
which could let a user with local access to the server read them.
- Up to Bugzilla 3.4.11, if a BUGLIST cookie is compromised, it can be
used to inject HTML code when viewing a bug report, leading to a
cross-site scripting attack.
All affected installations are encouraged to upgrade as soon as
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0
Family: FreeBSD Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 55847 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now