This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple
The version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is earlier
than 8.0.552.215. Such versions are reportedly affected by multiple
- It may be possible to bypass the pop-up blocker.
- A cross-origin video theft vulnerability exists related
to canvas. (Issue #55745)
- An unspecified crash exists when handling HTML5
databases. (Issue #56237)
- Excessive file dialogs could lead to a browser crash.
- A use after free error exists in history handling.
- It may be possible to crash the browser when performing
http proxy authentication. (Issue #61701)
- An out-of-bounds read regression exists in the WebM
video support. (Issue #61701)
- It may be possible to crash the browser due to bad
indexing with malformed video. (Issue #62127)
- A memory corruption issue exists relating to malicious
privileged extension. (Issue #62168)
- A use-after-free error exists in the handling of SVG
animations. (Issue #62401)
- A use-after-free error exists in the mouse dragging
event handling. (Issue #63051)
- A double free error exists in XPath handling.
See also :
Upgrade to Google Chrome 8.0.552.215 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 50977 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now