This script is Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
This kernel update fixes the following security problems :
- tunneled ipv6 packets (SIT) could trigger a memory leak
in the kernel. Remote attackers could exploit that to
crash machines. (CVE-2008-2136)
Additionally the following bugfixes have been included for all
- patches.xfs/xfs-kern_31033a_Fix-fsync-b0rkage.patch: Fix
XFS fsync breakage. (bnc#388798)
- patches.fixes/sit-add-missing-kfree_skb: sit - Add
missing kfree_skb() on pskb_may_pull() failure. .
s-a- valid-cursor.patch: Ensure a btree insert returns a
valid cursor. ( bnc#388806).
- patches.fixes/369802_d_path_fix.patch: fix d_path for
pseudo filesystems. (bnc#369802)
- patches.fixes/ignore_lost_ticks: fixed
do_vgettimeofday() and other issues with this patch.
- patches.drivers/pci-express-aer-aerdriver-off.patch: PCI
- add possibility to turn AER off. (bnc#382033)
- patches.drivers/pci-express-aer-documentation: PCI - add
AER documentation. (bnc#382033)
See also :
Apply ZYPP patch number 5235.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8