This script is Copyright (C) 2008-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox 3.0 is earlier than 3.0.4. Such
versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Locally saved '.url' shortcut files can be used to read
information stored in the local cache. (MFSA 2008-47)
- 'file:' URIs are given chrome privileges when opened in
the same tab as a chrome page or privileged 'about:'
page, which could allow an attacker to run arbitrary
- There are several stability bugs in the browser engine
that could lead to crashes with evidence of memory
corruption. (MFSA 2008-52)
- The browser's session restore feature can be used to
the context of another site. (MFSA 2008-53)
- There is a buffer overflow that can be triggered by
sending a specially crafted 200 header line in the HTTP
index response. (MFSA 2008-54)
- Crashes and remote code execution in nsFrameManager are
possible by modifying certain properties of a file
input element before it has finished initializing.
- The same-origin check in
'nsXMLHttpRequest::NotifyEventListeners()' can be
bypassed. (MFSA 2008-56)
- The '-moz-binding' CSS property can be used to bypass
security checks which validate codebase principals.
- There is an error in the method used to parse the
default namespace in an E4X document caused by quote
characters in the namespace not being properly escaped.
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 3.0.4 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 34767 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now