This script is Copyright (C) 2008-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox 3.0 is earlier than 3.0.2. Such
versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- An attacker can cause the content window to move while
the mouse is being clicked, causing an item to be
dragged rather than clicked-on (MFSA 2008-40).
- Privilege escalation is possible via 'XPCnativeWrapper'
pollution (MFSA 2008-41).
- There are several stability bugs in the browser engine
that could lead to crashes with evidence of memory
corruption (MFSA 2008-42).
- Certain BOM characters and low surrogate characters,
before it is executed, which could allow for cross-
site scripting attacks (MFSA 2008-43).
- The 'resource:' protocol allows directory traversal
on Linux when using URL-encoded slashes, and it can
by used to bypass restrictions on local HTML files
- By tampering with the window.__proto__.__proto__ object,
one can cause the browser to place a lock on a non-
native object, leading to a crash and possible code
execution. (MFSA 2008-50)
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 3.0.2 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 34267 ()
Bugtraq ID: 31346
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now