This script is Copyright (C) 2008-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related
The official ruby site reports :
Several vulnerabilities in safe level have been discovereds:.
- untrace_var is permitted at safe level 4;
- $PROGRAM_NAME may be modified at safe level 4;
- insecure methods may be called at safe level 1-3;
- syslog operations are permitted at safe level 4;
- dl doesn't check taintness, so it could allow attackers to call
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
Family: FreeBSD Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 33906 (freebsd_pkg_c329712a6b5b11dd9d79001fc61c2a55.nasl)
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now