This script is Copyright (C) 2007-2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote FreeBSD host is missing a security-related update.
Clamav had been found vulnerable to multiple vulnerabilities :
- Improper checking for the end of an buffer causing an unspecified
- Insecure temporary file handling, which could be exploited to read
- A flaw in the parser engine which could allow a remote attacker to
bypass the scanning of RAR files.
- A flaw in libclamav/unrar.c which could cause a remote Denial of
Service (DoS) by sending a specially crafted RAR file with a modified
- A flaw in the OLE2 parser which could cause a remote Denial of
See also :
Update the affected package.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
Family: FreeBSD Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 25560 (freebsd_pkg_903654bd192711dcb8a002e0185f8d72.nasl)
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now