This script is Copyright (C) 2007-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
- Wed Nov 1 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com>
- upgrade to 0.99.4-1, fixes multiple security issues
- CVE-2006-5468 - The HTTP dissector could dereference a
- CVE-2006-5469 - The WBXML dissector could crash.
- CVE-2006-5470 - The LDAP dissector (and possibly
others) could crash.
- CVE-2006-4805 - Basic DoS, The XOT dissector could
attempt to allocate a large amount of memory and
- CVE-2006-4574 - Single byte \0 overflow written onto
- Tue Oct 10 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com>
- upgrade to 0.99.4-0.pre1
- Fri Aug 25 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com>
- upgrade to 0.99.3
- Wireshark 0.99.3 fixes the following vulnerabilities :
- the SCSI dissector could crash. Versions affected:
- the IPsec ESP preference parser was susceptible to
off-by-one errors. CVE-2006-4331
- a malformed packet could make the Q.2931 dissector use
up available memory. CVE-2006-4333
- Tue Jul 18 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com>
- upgrade to 0.99.2
- Wed Jul 12 2006 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>
- Tue Jul 11 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com>
- upgrade to 0.99.2pre1, fixes (#198242)
- Tue Jun 13 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com>
- spec file changes
- Fri Jun 9 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com>
- initial build for Fedora Core
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected wireshark, wireshark-debuginfo and / or
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0