This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This update for the_silver_searcher to version 2.0.0 fixes a minor
security issue and includes various improvements.
New and updated functionality :
- New and updated support for various file types
- Performance improvements, including faster substring
- Add --print-all-files options to print all files
- Add support for inverting ignore rules (e.g. !blah.txt)
- Add zsh completion function
The following functionality has changed :
- No longer read from .agignore, .ignore is used
The following potential security issue was fixed :
- Heap buffer overflow when searching an absolute path
The following bug fixes are included :
- Fix context line printing when reading from a pipe
- Ignore local-domain socket just like named pipes
- Fix --word-regexp not applying to alternates
See also :
Update the affected the_silver_searcher packages.
Risk factor :
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now