This script is (C) 2013-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote VMware ESXi 5.0 host is affected by multiple security
The remote VMware ESXi 5.0 host is affected by the following security
- Several errors exist related to OpenSSL that could
allow information disclosure or denial of service
attacks. (CVE-2013-0166, CVE-2013-0169)
- An error exists in the libxml2 library related to the
expansion of XML internal entities that could allow
denial of service attacks. (CVE-2013-0338)
- An unspecified error exists related to 'hostd-vmdb'
that could allow denial of service attacks.
- An error exists in the handling of certain Virtual
Machine file descriptors. This may allow an
unprivileged user with the 'Add Existing Disk' privilege
to obtain read and write access to arbitrary files,
possibly leading to arbitrary code execution after a
host reboot. (CVE-2013-5973)
- A NULL pointer dereference issue exists in the handling
of Network File Copy (NFC) traffic. This issue may
lead to a denial of service if an attacker intercepts
and modifies the NFC traffic. (CVE-2014-1207)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the handling
of invalid ports that could allow a guest user to crash
the VMX process. (CVE-2014-1208)
See also :
Apply ESXi500-201310101-SG, ESXi500-201310201-UG, or ESXi500-Update03.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.1
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.2
Public Exploit Available : true