This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox is earlier than 18.0 and thus, is
potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Multiple unspecified use-after-free, out-of-bounds read
and buffer overflow errors exist. (CVE-2012-5829,
CVE-2013-0760, CVE-2013-0761, CVE-2013-0762,
CVE-2013-0763, CVE-2013-0766, CVE-2013-0767,
- Two intermediate certificates were improperly issued by
TURKTRUST certificate authority. (CVE-2013-0743)
- A use-after-free error exists related to displaying
HTML tables with many columns and column groups.
- An error exists related to the 'AutoWrapperChanger'
class that does not properly manage objects during
garbage collection. (CVE-2012-0745)
- An error exists related to 'jsval', 'quickstubs', and
compartmental mismatches that can lead to potentially
exploitable crashes. (CVE-2013-0746)
- Errors exist related to events in the plugin handler
that can allow same-origin policy bypass.
- An error related to the 'toString' method of XBL
objects can lead to address information leakage.
- An unspecified memory corruption issue exists.
(CVE-2013-0749, CVE-2013-0769, CVE-2013-0770)
- An error exists related to multiple XML bindings with
SVG content, contained in XBL files. (CVE-2013-0752)
- A use-after-free error exists related to
'XMLSerializer' and 'serializeToStream'.
- A use-after-free error exists related to garbage
collection and 'ListenManager'. (CVE-2013-0754)
- A use-after-free error exists related to the 'Vibrate'
library and 'domDoc'. (CVE-2013-0755)
'Proxy' objects. (CVE-2013-0756)
- 'Chrome Object Wrappers' (COW) can be bypassed by
changing object prototypes and can allow arbitrary
code execution. (CVE-2013-0757)
- An error related to SVG elements and plugins can allow
privilege escalation. (CVE-2013-0758)
- An error exists related to the address bar that can
allow URL spoofing attacks. (CVE-2013-0759)
- An error exists related to SSL and threading that
can result in potentially exploitable crashes.
- An error exists related to 'Canvas' and bad height or
width values passed to it from HTML. (CVE-2013-0768)
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 18.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 63545 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2012-5829
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now