This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote web server may be affected by several issues.
According to its banner, the version of Apache 2.0 installed on the
remote host is older than 2.0.64. Such versions may be affected by
several issues, including :
- An unspecified error exists in the handling of requests
without a path segment. (CVE-2010-1452)
- Several modules, including 'mod_deflate', are
vulnerable to a denial of service attack as the
server can be forced to utilize CPU time compressing
a large file after client disconnect. (CVE-2009-1891)
- An unspecified error exists in 'mod_proxy' related to
filtration of authentication credentials.
- A NULL pointer dereference issue exists in
'mod_proxy_ftp' in some error handling paths.
- An error exists in 'mod_ssl' making the server
vulnerable to the TLC renegotiation prefix injection
- An error exists in the handling of subrequests such
that the parent request headers may be corrupted.
- An error exists in 'mod_proxy_http' when handling excessive
interim responses making it vulnerable to a denial of
service attack. (CVE-2008-2364)
- An error exists in 'mod_isapi' that allows the module
to be unloaded too early, which leaves orphaned callback
- An error exists in 'mod_proxy_ftp' when wildcards are
in an FTP URL, which allows for cross-site scripting
Note that the remote web server may not actually be affected by these
vulnerabilities. Nessus did not try to determine whether the affected
modules are in use or to check for the issues themselves.
See also :
Either ensure that the affected modules are not in use or upgrade to
Apache version 2.0.64 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.9
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: Web Servers
Nessus Plugin ID: 50069 (apache_2_0_64.nasl)
Bugtraq ID: 29653305603594938494
CVE ID: CVE-2008-2364CVE-2008-2939CVE-2009-1891CVE-2009-2412CVE-2009-3094CVE-2009-3095CVE-2009-3555CVE-2009-3560CVE-2009-3720CVE-2010-0425CVE-2010-0434CVE-2010-1452CVE-2010-1623
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.