How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote database server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The version of MySQL Community Server installed on the remote host is
earlier than 5.1.51 and is, therefore, potentially affected by
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists when using
statement-based replication. Version specific comments
used on a master server with a lesser release version
than its slave can allow the MySQL privilege system on
the slave server to be subverted. (49124)
- An authenticated user can crash the MySQL server by
passing improper WKB to the 'PolyFromWKB()' function.
- The improper handling of type errors during argument
evaluation in extreme-value functions, e.g., 'LEAST()'
or 'GREATEST()' caused server crashes. (55826)
- The creation of derived tables needing a temporary
grouping table caused server crashes. (55568)
- The re-evaluation of a user-variable assignment
expression after the creation of a temporary table
caused server crashes. (55564)
- The 'convert_tz()' function can be used to crash the
server by setting the timezone argument to an empty
SET column value. (55424)
- The pre-evaluation of 'LIKE' predicates while preparing
a view caused server crashes. (54568)
- The use of 'GROUP_CONCAT()' and 'WITH ROLLUP' caused
server crashes. (54476)
- The use of an intermediate temporary table and queries
containing calls to 'GREATEST()' or 'LEAST()', having
a list of both numeric and 'LONGBLOB' arguments, caused
server crashes. (54461)
- The use of nested joins in prepared statements or
stored procedures could result in infinite loops.
See also :
Upgrade to MySQL Community Server 5.1.51 or later.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.2
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 49711 ()
Bugtraq ID: 4367643677
CVE ID: CVE-2009-5026CVE-2010-3833CVE-2010-3834CVE-2010-3835CVE-2010-3836CVE-2010-3837CVE-2010-3838CVE-2010-3839CVE-2010-3840
Nessus Professional: Scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreNessus Cloud: The power of Nessus for teams – from the cloud
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.