This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote web server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
According to its self-reported version number, the HP System
Management Homepage install on the remote host is earlier than 6.2.
Such versions are reportedly affected by the following
- Session renegotiations are not handled properly, which
could be exploited to insert arbitrary plaintext in a
man-in-the-middle attack. (CVE-2009-3555)
- An attacker may be able to upload files using a POST
request with 'multipart/form-data' content even if the
target script doesn't actually support file uploads per
- PHP's 'proc_open' function can be abused to bypass
- PHP does not properly protect session data as relates
to interrupt corruption of '$_SESSION' and the
'session.save_path' directive. (CVE-2009-4143)
- The application allows arbitrary URL redirections.
(CVE-2010-1586 and CVE-2010-3283)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in
Apache's mod_proxy_ajp, mod_reqtimeout, and
mod_proxy_http relating to timeout conditions. Note
that this issue only affects SMH on Windows.
- An as-yet unspecified information disclosure
vulnerability may allow an authorized user to gain
access to sensitive information, which in turn could
be leveraged to obtain root access on Linux installs
of SMH. (CVE-2010-3009)
- There is an as-yet unspecified HTTP response splitting
- There is an as-yet unspecified cross-site scripting
- An as-yet unspecified vulnerability could lead to
remote disclosure of sensitive information.
See also :
Upgrade to HP System Management Homepage 6.2.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.4
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: Web Servers
Nessus Plugin ID: 49272 (hpsmh_6_2_0_12.nasl)
Bugtraq ID: 36935370793713837390432084326943334434234346243463
CVE ID: CVE-2009-3555CVE-2009-4017CVE-2009-4018CVE-2009-4143CVE-2010-1586CVE-2010-2068CVE-2010-3009CVE-2010-3011CVE-2010-3012CVE-2010-3283CVE-2010-3284
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.