How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote database server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
According to its version, the installation of IBM DB2 9.7 running on
the remote host is affected by one or more of the following issues :
- The 'MODIFIED SQL DATA' table function is not dropped
when a definer loses required privileges to maintain
the objects. (IC63548)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists in the
DB2STST program (on Linux and Unix platforms only).
- A malicious user could use the DB2DART program to
overwrite files owned by the instance owner. (IC65762)
- The scalar function REPEAT contains a buffer overflow
that a malicious user with a valid database connection
could manipulate, causing the DB2 server to trap.
- Special group and user enumeration operation on the DB2
server or DB2 Administrator Server (DAS) could trap
when running on Windows 2008. (IC66643)
- It is possible to execute non-DDL statements even after
an user's DBADM authority has been revoked. (IC66815)
- If the database configuration parameter 'AUTO_REVAL' is
set to 'IMMEDIATE', system granted privileges are not
- 'Monitor Administrative Views' available in SYSIBMADM
schema are publicly viewable. (IC67819)
- A weakness in the SSL v3 / TLS protocol involving
session renegotiation may allow an attacker to inject
an arbitrary amount of plaintext into the beginning of
the application protocol stream, which could facilitate
man-in-the-middle attacks. (IC68055)
- By sending a specially crafted packet to the Tivoli
Monitoring Agent (KUDDB2), which listens on TCP port
6014 by default, it may be possible to trigger a denial
of service condition. (IC68762)
See also :
Apply IBM DB2 version 9.7 Fix Pack 2 or later.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.3
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 46766 (db2_97fp2.nasl)
Bugtraq ID: 3654036935379763801840446
CVE ID: CVE-2009-3471CVE-2009-3555CVE-2010-0462CVE-2010-0472CVE-2010-3193CVE-2010-3194CVE-2010-3195CVE-2010-3196CVE-2010-3197CVE-2011-0757
Nessus Professional: Scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreNessus Cloud: The power of Nessus for teams – from the cloud
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.