This script is Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote application server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 before Fix Pack 23 appears to
be installed on the remote host. Such versions are reportedly affected
by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Provided an attacker has valid credentials, it may be
possible to hijack an authenticated session. (PK66676)
- It may be possible for a remote attacker to redirect
users to arbitrary sites using ibm_security_logout
- Under certain conditions it may be possible to access
administrative console user sessions. (PK74966)
- If APAR PK41002 has been applied, a vulnerability in
the JAX-RPC WS-Security component could incorrectly
validate 'UsernameToken'. (PK75992)
- Sample applications shipped with IBM WebSphere
Application Server are affected by cross-site scripting
- The administrative console is affected by a cross-site
scripting vulnerability. (PK77505)
- It may be possible for an attacker to read arbitrary
application-specific war files. (PK81387)
See also :
If using WebSphere Application Server, apply Fix Pack 23 (188.8.131.52) or
Otherwise, if using embedded WebSphere Application Server packaged with
Tivoli Directory Server, apply the latest recommended eWAS fix pack.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.2
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: Web Servers
Nessus Plugin ID: 36161 ()
Bugtraq ID: 34330345013450235610
CVE ID: CVE-2008-4284CVE-2009-0508CVE-2009-0855CVE-2009-0856CVE-2009-0891CVE-2009-0892CVE-2009-1172
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.