This script is Copyright (C) 2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote web server contains an application that is affected by
According to its version number, the instance of MediaWiki installed
on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Escape sequences are not properly sanitized when passed
to the 'Sanitizer::checkCss' class, which could result
in cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2013-6451)
- An input validation error exists in the
'XmlTypeCheck.php' script in uploaded SVG files that
contain external stylesheets, which could lead to
cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2013-6452)
- Input validation by the 'checkSvgScriptCallback'
function is bypassed in the 'UploadBase.php' script
when an SVG file with invalid XML is uploaded. This
could result in malicious code execution.
- An input validation error exists in the 'Sanitizer.php'
script when input is submitted to the '-o-link'
attribute, which could for allow cross-site scripting
attacks in Opera 12. (CVE-2013-6454)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in the
log API, Enhanced Recent Changes feature, and users'
watchlists that could allow deleted log entries to be
Additionally, the following extensions contain vulnerabilities, but
are not enabled or installed by default, unless otherwise noted.
- The TimedMediaHandler extension is affected by a
cross-site scripting vulnerability due to the lack of
input validation of the 'data-videopayload' attribute
in the 'mw.PopUpThumbVideo.js' script. (CVE-2013-4574)
- The Scribuntu extension is affected by a NULL pointer
dereference and buffer overflow flaw in the
implementation of the 'luasandbox' PHP extension that
could lead to a denial of service or arbitrary code
execution. (CVE-2013-4570, CVE-2013-4571)
- The CentralAuth extension is affected by an information
disclosure vulnerability due to the insertion of a
username into the page's DOM. (CVE-2013-6455)
- The Semantic Forms extension is affected by a cross-site
request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability due to the lack of
token validation in the 'Special:CreateCategory' page.
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead
relied on the application's self-reported version number.
See also :
Upgrade to MediaWiki version 1.19.10 / 1.21.4 / 1.22.1 or later.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.9
Public Exploit Available : true