Drupal 7.x < 7.39 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 9218
SynopsisThe remote server is hosting an outdated installation of Drupal that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe remote server is hosting an outdated version of Drupal, a PHP-based open-source content management system. The version of Drupal installed on the remote server is 7.x prior to 7.39, and is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability exists in the autocomplete functionality due to improper validation of input passed via requested URLs. An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted request, to execute arbitrary script code. (CVE-2015-6658)
- A SQL injection vulnerability exists in the SQL comment filtering system due to improper sanitization of user-supplied input before using it in SQL queries. An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to inject SQL queries, resulting in the manipulation or disclosure of arbitrary data. (CVE-2015-6659)
- A cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability exists in the form API due to improper validation of form tokens. An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted link, to upload arbitrary files under another user's account. (CVE-2015-6660)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists that allows a remote, authenticated user to view the titles of nodes that they do not have access to. (CVE-2015-6661)
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability exists due to improper validation of user-supplied input when invoking 'Drupal.ajax()' on whitelisted HTML elements. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted request, to execute arbitrary script code. (CVE-2015-6665)
SolutionUpgrade to Drupal 7.39, or later.