MantisBT 1.3.0-beta.1 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8907
SynopsisThe remote web server is hosting a web application that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe remote web server is hosting MantisBT, an open source bug tracking application written in PHP.
MantisBT version 1.3.0-beta.1 is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A SQL injection flaw exists due to insufficient filtration of the 'MANTIS_MANAGE_USERS_COOKIE' HTTP cookie in 'manage_user_page.php' script. This may allow an authenticated remote attacker to inject or manipulate SQL queries in the back-end database, allowing for the manipulation or disclosure of arbitrary data. (CVE-2014-9573)
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability exists due to an input validation error in the 'admin_username' and 'admin_password' GET parameters of the 'admin/install.php' script. (CVE-2014-9571)
- A flaw exists in 'admin/install.php' that could allow a remote attacker to obtain database credentials even after MantisBT has been configured. Visiting the 'install.php' script using the parameter 'install' and value of '4' would bypass access restrictions, exposing the saved database credentials in use by MantisBT. (CVE-2014-9572)
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability exists due to a lack of input validation. Specifically, this flaw affects the 'permalink_page.php' script. (CVE-2014-9701)
- Multiple URI-redirection vulnerabilities exist due to improperly sanitized user-supplied input submitted to the 'permalink_page.php' and 'login_page.php' scripts. Specifically, these issues occur when the application is installed at the web server's root directory. An attacker can leverage these issues by constructing a URI that includes a malicious site redirection by using a redirect address having a single slash. (CVE-2015-1042)
SolutionUpgrade to MantisBT 1.3.0-beta.2 or later.