Moodle 2.0.x < 2.0.2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8708
SynopsisThe remote web server is hosting a web application that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe remote web server hosts Moodle, an open-source course management system. Versions of Moodle 2.x prior to 2.0.2 are potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability exists in the script '/tag/tag_autocomplete.php' due to lack of input validation. (MSA-11-0003 / CVE-2011-4278)
- An information disclosure flaw exists because it does not use the 'forceloginforprofiles' setting by default for course-profiles access control, which makes it easier for remote attackers to obtain potentially sensitive information via vectors involving use of a search engine such as Google. (MSA-11-0004 / CVE-2011-4279)
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability affects the Spike PHPCoverage library in Moodle. (MSA-11-0005 / CVE-2011-4280)
- Multiple cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities exist due to poor access control in course completion. This could allow a malicious attacker to arbitrarily mark the course as completed or active. (MSA-11-0006 / CVE-2011-4281)
- Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities exist in the course-tags functionality. Specifically, this affects the script 'tag/coursetags_more.php' when using the parameters 'sort' or 'show'. (MSA-11-0007 / CVE-2011-4282)
- An information disclosure flaw exists in the IMS enterprise enrollment file when placed in the course files area. Specifically, this affects the 'imsenterprise-enrol.xml' file. (MSA-11-0008 / CVE-2011-4283)
- An information disclosure vulnerability affects the 'MyProfile' page. This could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information by visiting the 'user-context' page. (MSA-11-0009 / CVE-2011-4284)
- A security-bypass vulnerability affects the default Moodle configuration which could allow any authenticated user to delete arbitrary courses by leveraging the teacher role. (MSA-11-0010 / CVE-2011-4285)
- Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities exist in the media-filter implementation. Specifically, this affects the 'filter/mediaplugin/filter.php' script. A remote attacker could inject arbitrary HTML or scripts via vectors involving Flash Video (FLV) and YouTube videos. (MSA-11-0011 / CVE-2011-4286)
SolutionUpgrade to Moodle version 2.0.2 or later.