SynopsisThe remote host is missing a critical Apple TV patch update.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the remote Apple TV device is missing a security update. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Apple TV is bundled with Apple WebKit. Apple WebKit is affected by several vulnerabilities which would allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code or crash the application. (CVE-2014-4476, CVE-2014-4477, CVE-2014-4459, CVE-2014-4479)
- There is a directory-traversal flaw in the 'afc' component which can allow an attacker to access unintended files. (CVE-2014-4480)
- There is a flaw in the 'mach_port_kobject' kernel interface which can allow an attacker to bypass the ASLR protection mechanism. (CVE-2014-4491, CVE-2014-4496)
- There is an integer overflow in CoreGraphics which allows remote code execution. (CVE-2014-4481)
- There is a buffer overflow in FontParser which allows remote code execution. (CVE-2014-4483)
- There is a flaw in the way that FontParser handles crafted .dfont file which can lead to remote code execution. (CVE-2014-4484)
- There is a buffer overflow in the XML parser portion of the Foundation component. (CVE-2014-4485)
- The IOAcceleratorFamily invalidly handles certain types which can lead to a NULL pointer dereference. (CVE-2014-4486)
- There is a buffer overflow in the IOHIDFamily component. (CVE-2014-4487)
- The IOHIDFamily does not properly validate resource-queue metadata, allowing remote code execution. (CVE-2014-4488)
- The IOHIDFamily fails to properly sanitize event queues. This can lead to remote code execution. (CVE-2014-4489)
- The kernel does not enforce read-only attributes which can allow attackers to bypass access restrictions. (CVE-2014-4495)
- The libnetcore module fails to verify certain data types which can allow remote code execution in the _networkd context. (CVE-2014-4492)
SolutionUpgrade to Apple TV 7.0.3 or later.