MyBB < 1.8.3 / 1.6.16 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8612
SynopsisThe remote web server is running a PHP application that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe remote web server hosts MyBulletinBoard, a web-based discussion board application. Versions of MyBB prior to 1.8.3 / 1.6.16 are potentially affected by multiple issues :
- A remote code-execution vulnerability because it fails to sufficiently sanitize user-supplied input submitted to the 'shutdown_functions' variable of the 'add_shutdown()' function.
- A security-bypass vulnerability because it fails to destroy the global variables. Specifically, this issue affects the 'unset_globals()' function.
- A flaw exists that may allow unserialize to call PHP magic methods, having an unspecified impact.
- A SQL-injection vulnerability related to theme selection because it fails to sufficiently sanitize user-supplied input before using it in SQL queries.
- An unspecified cross-site scripting vulnerability exists in 'calendar.php' because it fails to validate input before returning it to users.
- An information disclosure vulnerability due to the adminsid cookie not being set to 'httpOnly', potentially exposing cookie data to attackers when a client side script attempts to read it.
- An unspecified stored cross-site scripting vulnerability in 'admin/modules/style/templates.php' and 'admin/modules/config/languages.php'.
SolutionUpgrade to MyBB version 1.8.3 or higher.