SynopsisThe remote host is running VxWorks embedded Operating System that is affected by multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe version of VxWorks installed on the remote host is 6.9.x, prior to 220.127.116.11, or 7 (SR540), or 7 (SR540), and is affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A specially crafted IPv4 packet, containing invalid encoded SSRR/LSRR options, may cause call-stack overflow. No specific services beyond IPv4 protocol support is required. (CVE-2019-12256)
- A specially crafted packet containing illegal TCP-options can result in the victim not just dropping the TCP-segment but also drop the TCP-session. (CVE-2019-12258)
- This vulnerability require that the TCP/IP-stack is assigned a multicast address the API intended for assigning unicast addresses or something with the same logical flaw is a prerequisite. (CVE-2019-12259)
- A series of specially crafted TCP-segments where the last step is a TCP-segment with the URG-flag set may cause overflow of the buffer passed to recv(), recvfrom() or 'recvmsg()' socket routines. (CVE-2019-12260)
- A specially crafted response to the connection attempt, where also the FIN- and URG-flags are set is sent as a response. This may put the victim into an inconsistent state, which make it possible to send yet another segment that trigger a buffer overflow. (CVE-2019-12261)
- The RARP reception handler verifies that the packet is well formed, but fails to verify that the node has an ongoing RARP-transaction matching the received packet. (CVE-2019-12262)
- A series of segments with and without the URG-flag set must arrive with a very specific timing while an application on the victim is receiving from the session. The victim must be using a SMP-kernel and two or more CPU-cores alternatively an uni-processor kernel where the receiving task and the network task executes at different priorities. (CVE-2019-12263)
- The VxWorks DHCP client fails to properly validate that the offered IP-address in a DHCP renewal or offer response contains a valid unicast address. An attacker may assign multicast or broadcast addresses to the victim. (CVE-2019-12264)
- An attacker can create specially crafted and fragmented IGMPv3 query report, which may result in the victim transmitting undefined buffer content. (CVE-2019-12265)
SolutionUpdate to VxWorks version 18.104.22.168 or later. If 6.9.x cannot be obtained, VxWorks 7 SR620 has also been patched for these vulnerabilities.