Apple TV < 10.2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 700035
SynopsisThe version of this Apple TV device is affected by multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionVersions of Apple TV earlier than 10.2 are affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- An unspecified flaw exists related to 'nghttp2' and 'LibreSSL' that is triggered during the handling of a malicious HTTP/2 server. This may allow an attacker to have multiple unspecified impacts. (CVE-2017-2428)
- A type confusion flaw exists that is triggered as certain input is not properly validated when parsing specially crafted M4A audio files. This may allow a context-dependent attacker to corrupt memory and potentially execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-2430)
- A use-after-free flaw exists in 'libc++' that is triggered when demangling C++ applications. This may allow a malicious application to dereference already freed memory and potentially execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-2441)
- A flaw exists as OTR packets are not properly validated. By spoofing the TLS/SSL server via a packet that appears valid, an attacker with the ability to intercept network traffic (e.g. MitM, DNS cache poisoning) can disclose and optionally manipulate transmitted data. (CVE-2017-2448)
- An overflow condition exists that is triggered as certain input is not properly validated when parsing specially crafted M4A audio files. This may allow a context-dependent attacker to cause a heap-based buffer overflow, potentially allowing execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-2462)
- An unspecified flaw exists that is triggered as certain input is not properly validated when parsing X.509 certificates. This may allow a context dependent-attacker to corrupt memory and potentially execute arbitrary code.
Additional flaws exist in the following components :
- Carbon (CVE-2017-2379)
- Carbon (CVE-2017-2379)
- CoreGraphics (CVE-2017-2417, CVE-2017-2444)
- CoreText (CVE-2017-2435, CVE-2017-2450, CVE-2017-2461)
- FontParser (CVE-2017-2406, CVE-2017-2407, CVE-2017-2439, CVE-2017-2487)
- ImageIO (CVE-2017-2416, CVE-2017-2432, CVE-2017-2467)
- Kernel (CVE-2017-2401, CVE-2017-2440, CVE-2017-2456, CVE-2017-2472, CVE-2017-2473, CVE-2017-2474, CVE-2017-2478, CVE-2017-2482, CVE-2017-2483, CVE-2017-2490)
- Keyboards (CVE-2017-2458)
- libarchive (CVE-2017-2390)
- Security (CVE-2017-2451)
- Webkit (CVE-2017-2367, CVE-2017-2378, CVE-2017-2386, CVE-2017-2394, CVE-2017-2395, CVE-2017-2396, CVE-2017-2405, CVE-2017-2415, CVE-2017-2419, CVE-2017-2424, CVE-2017-2433, CVE-2017-2442, CVE-2017-2445, CVE-2017-2446, CVE-2017-2447, CVE-2017-2454, CVE-2017-2455, CVE-2017-2459, CVE-2017-2460, CVE-2017-2464, CVE-2017-2465, CVE-2017-2466, CVE-2017-2468, CVE-2017-2469, CVE-2017-2470, CVE-2017-2471, CVE-2017-2476, CVE-2017-2481)
SolutionUpgrade Apple TV to 10.2, or later.