WordPress < 3.5.2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 6883
SynopsisThe remote server is hosting an outdated installation of WordPress that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionVersions of WordPress earlier than 3.5.2 are potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The application contains a denial of service attack affecting sites using password-protected posts.(CVE-2013-2173)
- The application is affected by a server-side request forgery vulnerability. This vulnerability can be used to gain access to a site. (CVE-2013-2199)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists that allows contributors to publish posts and users to reassign authorship. (CVE-2013-2200)
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability exists related to uploading media. (CVE-2013-2201)
- A XML External Entity Injection (XXE) vulnerability exists in 'oEmbed'. (CVE-2013-2202)
- A vulnerability exists disclosing a full file path related to file upload. (CVE-2013-2203)
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability exists related to 'TinyMCE' library. (CVE-2013-2204)
- The application is affected by a cross-site scripting vulnerability in the 'SWFUpload' library. (CVE-2013-2205)
- Cross-site scripting vulnerabilities exist in the 'post.php' script relating to the 'excerpt' and 'content' parameters.
SolutionUpgrade to WordPress 3.5.2, or later.