Xerox WorkCentre Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 3834
SynopsisThe remote host is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe remote host is a Xerox WorkCentre.
This version of WorkCentre is vulnerable to a number of flaws. Namely
1) There are multiple command injection flaws that would allow an anonymous user to execute commands with the privileges of the WorkCentre Administrator.
2) Administrative bypass within the TFTP/BOOTP auto configuration options. This flaw would allow an attacker to make configuration changes that would impact the availability of the remote printer
3) A flaw that would allow an attacker to hijack email messages and insert malicious code into the body of the message
4) A flaw within the 'scan-to-mailbox' function that would allow an attacker to retrieve sensitive files
5) A flaw that would allow an attacker to switch to the HTTP protocol instead of the HTTPS protocol
SolutionUpgrade or patch according to vendor recommendations.