SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing one or more security-related updates.
DescriptionThe remote Debian 9 host has a package installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the dla-2965 advisory.
- Cacti before 1.1.37 has XSS because it does not properly reject unintended characters, related to use of the sanitize_uri function in lib/functions.php. (CVE-2018-10060)
- Cacti before 1.1.37 has XSS because it makes certain htmlspecialchars calls without the ENT_QUOTES flag (these calls occur when the html_escape function in lib/html.php is not used). (CVE-2018-10061)
- In clearFilter() in utilities.php in Cacti before 1.2.3, no escaping occurs before printing out the value of the SNMP community string (SNMP Options) in the View poller cache, leading to XSS. (CVE-2019-11025)
- In Cacti before 1.2.11, disabling a user account does not immediately invalidate any permissions granted to that account (e.g., permission to view logs). (CVE-2020-13230)
- Multiple Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulneratiblities exist in Cacti 1.2.12 in (1) reports_admin.php, (2) data_queries.php, (3) data_input.php, (4) graph_templates.php, (5) graphs.php, (6) reports_admin.php, and (7) data_input.php. (CVE-2020-23226)
- Cacti 1.2.8 has stored XSS in data_sources.php, color_templates_item.php, graphs.php, graph_items.php, lib/api_automation.php, user_admin.php, and user_group_admin.php, as demonstrated by the description parameter in data_sources.php (a raw string from the database that is displayed by $header to trigger the XSS). (CVE-2020-7106)
- Cacti 1.1.38 allows authenticated users with User Management permissions to inject arbitrary web script or HTML in the new_username field during creation of a new user via Copy method at user_admin.php.
- Under certain ldap conditions, Cacti authentication can be bypassed with certain credential types.
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade the cacti packages.
For Debian 9 stretch, these problems have been fixed in version 0.8.8h+ds1-10+deb9u2.
File Name: debian_DLA-2965.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent, Agentless Assessment
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:cacti, cpe:/o:debian:debian_linux:9.0
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/Debian/release, Host/Debian/dpkg-l
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 3/29/2022
Vulnerability Publication Date: 4/12/2018