SynopsisThe remote host has a web browser installed that is vulnerable to multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionVersions of SeaMonkey 2.13.x are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Several memory safety bugs exist in the browser engine used in Mozilla-based products that could be exploited to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2012-5842, CVE-2012-5843)
- An error exists in the method 'image::RasterImage::DrawFrameTo' related to GIF images that could allow a heap-based buffer overflow leading to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2012-4202)
- An error exists related to SVG text and CSS properties that could lead to application crashes. (CVE-2012-5836)
- 'XMLHttpRequest' objects inherit incorrect principals when created in sandboxes that could allow cross-site request forgery attacks (XSRF). (CVE-2012-4205)
- 'XrayWrappers' can expose DOM properties that are not meant to be accessible outside of the chrome compartment. (CVE-2012-4208)
- Errors exist related to 'evalInSandbox', 'HZ-GB-2312' charset, frames and the 'location' object, and 'cross-origin wrappers' that can allow cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks. (CVE-2012-4201, CVE-2012-4207, CVE-2012-4209, CVE-2012-5841)
- Various use-after-free, out-of-bounds read and buffer overflow errors exist that could potentially lead to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2012-4212, CVE-2012-4213, CVE-2012-4214, CVE-2012-4215, CVE-2012-4216, CVE-2012-4217, CVE-2012-4218, CVE-2012-5829, CVE-2012-5830, CVE-2012-5833, CVE-2012-5835, CVE-2012-5838, CVE-2012-5839, CVE-2012-5840)
SolutionUpgrade to SeaMonkey 2.14 or later.
Nessus ID: 63001
Patch Publication Date: 11/20/2012
Vulnerability Publication Date: 11/20/2012
CVE: CVE-2012-4201, CVE-2012-4202, CVE-2012-4204, CVE-2012-4205, CVE-2012-4207, CVE-2012-4208, CVE-2012-4209, CVE-2012-4212, CVE-2012-4213, CVE-2012-4214, CVE-2012-4215, CVE-2012-4216, CVE-2012-4217, CVE-2012-4218, CVE-2012-5829, CVE-2012-5830, CVE-2012-5833, CVE-2012-5835, CVE-2012-5836, CVE-2012-5838, CVE-2012-5839, CVE-2012-5840, CVE-2012-5841, CVE-2012-5842, CVE-2012-5843
BID: 56611, 56612, 56613, 56614, 56616, 56618, 56621, 56627, 56628, 56629, 56630, 56631, 56632, 56633, 56634, 56635, 56636, 56637, 56638, 56639, 56640, 56641, 56642, 56643, 56644