MySQL Community Server 5.1 < 5.1.51 Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
Medium Log Correlation Engine Plugin ID 801142
SynopsisThe remote database server is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionVersions of MySQL Community Server 5.1 earlier than 5.1.51 are potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists when using statement-based replication. Version specific comments used on a master server with a lesser release version than its slave can allow the MySQL privilege system on the slave server to be subverted. (49124)
- The improper handling of type errors during argument evaluation in extreme-value functions, e.g., 'LEAST()' or 'GREATEST()' caused server crashes. (55826)
- The creation of derived tables needing a temporary grouping table caused server crashes. (55568)
- The re-evaluation of a user-variable assignment expression after the creation of a temporary table caused server crashes. (55564)
- The pre-evaluation of 'LIKE' predicates while preparing a view caused server crashes. (54568)
- The use of 'GROUP_CONCAT()' and 'WITH ROLLUP' caused server crashes. (54476)
- The use of an intermediate temporary table and queries containing calls to 'GREATEST()' or 'LEAST()', having a list of both numeric and 'LONGBLOB' arguments, caused server crashes. (54461)
- The use of nested joins in prepared statements or stored procedures could result in infinite loops. (53544)
SolutionUpgrade to MySQL Community Server 5.1.51 or later.