This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
A web browser installed on the remote Windows host is affected by
The version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Windows host is
prior to 53.0.2785.113. It is, therefore, affected by multiple
- A use-after-free error exists in the file
bindings/modules/v8/V8BindingForModules.cpp that allows
an unauthenticated, remote attacker to execute arbitrary
- A use-after-free error exists in Blink that is related
to window constructors being callable. An
unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to
execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-5171)
- An arbitrary memory read error exists in V8 that allows
an unauthenticated, remote attacker to disclose
sensitive memory information. (CVE-2016-5172)
- A flaw exists due to improper handling of specially
crafted web pages. An unauthenticated, remote attacker
which may then be used to perform unauthorized actions.
- A flaw exists that is triggered when in fullscreen mode,
in file ui/cocoa/browser_window_controller_private.mm,
that results in a failure to suppress popups.
- An unspecified flaw exists that allows an attacker to
impact confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
(CVE-2016-5175, VulnDB 144201)
- A flaw exists due to improper handling of IPC messages
for dead routing IDs. An authenticated, remote attacker
can exploit this to execute arbitrary code.
(CVE-2016-5175, VulnDB 144214)
- An unspecified flaw exists that allows an
unauthenticated, remote attacker to bypass the
SafeBrowsing protection mechanism. (CVE-2016-5176)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead
relied only on the application's self-reported version number
See also :
Upgrade to Google Chrome version 53.0.2785.113 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 93476 ()
Bugtraq ID: 92942
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now