This script is Copyright (C) 2014-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by
The version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Windows host is a
version prior to 39.0.2171.95. It is, therefore, affected by the
following vulnerabilities :
- A security bypass vulnerability that allows an attacker
to bypass the same-origin policy. (CVE-2014-0580)
- Multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities that allow an
attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-0587,
- A use-after-free vulnerability that can result in
arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-8443)
- An unspecified information disclosure vulnerability.
- A stack-based buffer overflow vulnerability that can be
exploited to execute arbitrary code or elevate
See also :
Upgrade to Google Chrome 39.0.2171.95 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 79836 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now