This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is potentially
affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Firefox ESR 17.x is earlier than 17.0.7 and
is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Various, unspecified memory safety issues exist.
- Heap-use-after-free errors exist related to
'nsIDocument::GetRootElement' and 'mozilla::ResetDir'.
(CVE-2013-1684, CVE-2013-1685, CVE-2013-1686)
- An error exists related to 'XBL scope', 'System Only
Wrappers' (SOW) and chrome-privileged pages that could
allow cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2013-1687)
- An error related to 'onreadystatechange' and unmapped
memory could cause application crashes and allow
arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-1690)
- The application sends data in the body of XMLHttpRequest
(XHR) HEAD requests and could aid in cross-site request
forgery attacks. (CVE-2013-1692)
- An error related to the processing of SVG content could
allow a timing attack to disclose information across
- An error exists related to 'PreserveWrapper' and the
'preserved-wrapper' flag that could cause potentially
exploitable application crashes. (CVE-2013-1694)
- An error exists related to the 'toString' and 'valueOf'
methods that could allow 'XrayWrappers' to be bypassed.
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 17.0.7 ESR or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 66988 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now