This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox is earlier than 7.0 and thus, is
potentially affected by the following security issues :
- If an attacker could trick a user into holding down the
'Enter' key, via a malicious game, for example, a
malicious application or extension could be downloaded
and executed.(CVE-2011-2372, CVE-2011-3001)
- Unspecified errors exist that can be exploited to
corrupt memory. No additional information is available
at this time. (CVE-2011-2995, CVE-2011-2997)
- A weakness exists when handling the 'Location' header.
This can lead to response splitting attacks when
visiting a vulnerable web server. The same fix has been
applied to the headers 'Content-Length' and
- An error exists within WebGL's ANGLE library. It does
not properly check for return values from the
'GrowAtomTable()' function. This vulnerability can be
exploited to cause a buffer overflow by sending a
series of requests. Additionally, an unspecified error
exists within WebGL that can be exploited to corrupt
memory. (CVE-2011-3002, CVE-2011-3003)
- There is an error within the JSSubScriptLoader that
incorrectly unwraps 'XPCNativeWrappers'. By tricking
a user into installing a malicious plug-in, an attacker
could exploit this issue to execute arbitrary code.
- A use-after-free error exists when parsing OGG headers.
- There is an unspecified error within the YARR regular
expression library that can be exploited to corrupt
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 7.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 56377 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now