This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote host has a virtualization application affected by multiple
A VMware product (Player, Workstation, Server, or Movie Decoder)
detected on the remote host has one or more of the following
- A vulnerability in VMware Tools update could allow
arbitrary code execution on non-Windows based guest
operating systems with root privileges. (CVE-2010-4297)
- A vulnerability in VMware VMnc Codec could allow
arbitrary code execution subject to the privileges
of the user running the application using the
vulnerable codec. (CVE-2010-4294)
In addition to patching, VMware Tools must be manually updated on all
guest VMs in order to completely mitigate certain vulnerabilities.
Refer to the VMware advisory for more information.
See also :
Upgrade to :
- VMware Workstation 6.5.5 / 7.1.2 or later.
- VMware Player 2.5.5 / 3.1.2 or later.
- VMware Movie Decoder (standalone) 6.5.5/7.1.2 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true