This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mandriva Linux host is missing one or more security
Multiple vulnerabilities were discovered and corrected in mysql :
- Joins involving a table with with a unique SET column
could cause a server crash (CVE-2010-3677).
- Use of TEMPORARY InnoDB tables with nullable columns
could cause a server crash (CVE-2010-3680).
- The server could crash if there were alternate reads
from two indexes on a table using the HANDLER interface
- Using EXPLAIN with queries of the form SELECT ... UNION
... ORDER BY (SELECT ... WHERE ...) could cause a server
- During evaluation of arguments to extreme-value
functions (such as LEAST() and GREATEST()), type errors
did not propagate properly, causing the server to crash
- The server could crash after materializing a derived
table that required a temporary table for grouping
- A user-variable assignment expression that is evaluated
in a logical expression context can be precalculated in
a temporary table for GROUP BY. However, when the
expression value is used after creation of the temporary
table, it was re-evaluated, not read from the table and
a server crash resulted (CVE-2010-3835).
- Pre-evaluation of LIKE predicates during view
preparation could cause a server crash (CVE-2010-3836).
- GROUP_CONCAT() and WITH ROLLUP together could cause a
server crash (CVE-2010-3837).
- Queries could cause a server crash if the GREATEST() or
LEAST() function had a mixed list of numeric and
LONGBLOB arguments, and the result of such a function
was processed using an intermediate temporary table
- Queries with nested joins could cause an infinite loop
in the server when used from stored procedures and
prepared statements (CVE-2010-3839).
- The PolyFromWKB() function could crash the server when
improper WKB data was passed to the function
Additionally the default behaviour of using the mysqlmanager instead
of the mysqld_safe script has been reverted in the SysV init script
because of instability issues with the mysqlmanager.
Packages for 2009.0 are provided as of the Extended Maintenance
Program. Please visit this link to learn more:
The updated packages have been upgraded to mysql 5.0.91 and patched to
correct these issues.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: Mandriva Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 50533 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now