This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
A web browser on the remote host is affected by multiple
The installed version of SeaMonkey is earlier than 1.1.19. Such
versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- The columns of a XUL tree element can be manipulated in
a particular way that would leave a pointer owned by
the column pointing to freed memory. (MFSA 2009-49)
- A heap-based buffer overflow exists in Mozilla's string
to floating point number conversion routines.
- It is possible to obfuscate the name of files to be
downloaded by using a right-to-left override character
(RTL). (MFSA 2009-62)
- Mozilla's NTLM implementation is vulnerable to
reflection attacks in which NTLM credentials from one
application could be forwarded to another arbitrary
application. (MFSA 2009-68)
- Scriptable plugin content, such as Flash objects, can be
loaded and executed by embedding the content in an
iframe inside the message. (MFSA 2010-06)
- Multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities exist that
may result in the execution of arbitrary code.
See also :
Upgrade to SeaMonkey 2.0.3 / 1.1.19 or later.
Note that 1.1.19 is a legacy release and is affected by known
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 9.3
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 45111 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now