This script is Copyright (C) 2009-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox is 3.5.x earlier than 3.5.6. Such
versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Multiple crashes can result in arbitrary code
execution. (MFSA 2009-65)
- Multiple vulnerabilities in 'liboggplay' can lead to
arbitrary code execution. (MFSA 2009-66)
- An integer overflow in the 'Theora' video library can
lead to a crash or the execution of arbitrary code.
- The NTLM implementation is vulnerable to reflection
attacks in which NTLM credentials from one application
can be forwarded to another application. (MFSA 2009-68)
- Multiple location bar spoofing vulnerabilities exist.
- A content window which is opened by a chrome window
retains a reference to the chrome window via the
'window.opener' property, which can lead to privilege
escalation. (MFSA 2009-70)
- The exception messages generated by the
'GeckoActiveXObject' differ based on whether or not the
requested COM object's ProgID is present in the system
registry. (MFSA 2009-71)
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 3.5.6 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 43174 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now