This script is Copyright (C) 2008-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a mail client that is affected by
The installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 188.8.131.52. Such
versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- The canvas element can be used in conjunction with an
HTTP redirect to bypass same-origin restrictions and
gain access to the content in arbitrary images from
other domains. (MFSA 2008-48)
- By tampering with the window.__proto__.__proto__ object,
one can cause the browser to place a lock on a non-
native object, leading to a crash and possible code
execution. (MFSA 2008-50)
- There are several stability bugs in the browser engine
that could lead to crashes with evidence of memory
corruption. (MFSA 2008-52)
- Crashes and remote code execution in nsFrameManager are
possible by modifying certain properties of a file
input element before it has finished initializing.
- The same-origin check in
'nsXMLHttpRequest::NotifyEventListeners()' can be
bypassed. (MFSA 2008-56)
- There is an error in the method used to parse the
default namespace in an E4X document caused by quote
characters in the namespace not being properly escaped.
- Scripts in a malicous mail message can access the
.document URI and .textContext DOM properties.
See also :
Upgrade to Mozilla Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 34819 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now